Classic Legends reintroduces Yezdi brand and 650cc BSA motorcycles

Classic Legends relaunched the Jawa brand in 2018. They launched the Jawa Jawa and the Jawa 42. Now Classic Legends will feature two more legendary brands known as Yezdi and BSA. The automaker plans to launch the Yezdi in the third quarter of fiscal 22. They are also working on a new 650cc engine that will be launched under the BSA brand.

Yezdi will be reintroduced to the Indian market ahead of Diwali this year. This is done because Yezdi holds significant sentimental value among the Indian people. This has huge potential in terms of increasing the sales volume and growing the business of Classic Legends.

“The reintroduction of the Yezdi brand in the domestic market is scheduled for the pre-Diwali period this year. The revival of Yezdi is not only at the heart of what Classic Legends intends to do, but is also essential for its survival in terms of increasing business volumes and those of sellers and resellers while improving their viability, ”

Yezdi will also use the same liquid-cooled 293cc single cylinder engine we’ve seen on the Jawa and 42. The engine produces 27.51hp of maximum power and 27.05Nm of maximum torque. It is associated with a 6-speed manual gearbox. There’s also a larger, liquid-cooled 334cc single-cylinder engine that’s only offered on Jawa’s Perak, Classic Legends’ current flagship. The Perak is also the most affordable bobber available in the Indian market.

Classic Legends has cumulative sales of 50,000 units in 200 outlets across our country. They had problems starting to deliver the motorcycles on time, but eventually managed to increase production capacity from 4,000 units to 7,000 units. Some dealers have revealed that point-of-sale sales do not justify the investment required to open a dealership. There is a relatively large dealer network that only sells 3 models. This is where the Yezdi comes in. “This is where Yezdi should play a key role in bringing in additional volumes, once the bikes are launched,” said a person related to the manufacturer. The new motorcycles will also be built on the same assembly line as the other Jawa motorcycles. The production plant is located in Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh.

Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Automotive and Agriculture Sectors, M&M, said: “Jawa had built strong brand momentum, but the slowdown and the second wave of COVID-19 infections impacted demand. As a result, activity has been declining for 2 months. It’s been 5 years since the Classic Legends brand was relaunched. The 60% stake in the brand is owned by Mahindra and Mahindra, while the remaining 40% is owned by Anupam Thareja and Boman Irani. Anupam is the founder of Classic Legends while Boman is the president and CEO of the Rustomjee group.

New 650 cc engines for BSA

The automaker has also developed a new 650cc engine which is currently at an advanced stage of testing. It will be used for BSA motorcycles. “The mid-weight engine would power the motorcycles planned for the BSA revival. It is being refined for handling, dynamics and compliance with UK emission standards as tests are currently underway, ”said the first person.

Royal Enfield 650 Twins

BSA motorcycles will be built on a different assembly line that has already been installed at the manufacturing plant. The 650 cc motorcycles are expected to run counter to the 650 twins sold by Royal Enfield. The Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 are an incredibly successful product for the manufacturer.

Source


Source link

About Stefany Edmondson

Check Also

Laconia Bike Week gears up after scaled-down 2020 event – NECN

A year after the coronavirus pandemic impacted Laconia Motorcycle Week, the annual New Hampshire event …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *