The big kids don’t get all the fun, and that’s why the 2023 KTM 50 SX Factory Edition exists. The Micro-Rider Factory Edition takes the standard 50 SX and adds an impressive collection of upgrades for a contending Supercross World Champion. While only the graphics are new this year, it’s worth reviewing how the Factory Edition earns that lofty moniker.
- The new factory edition has a FMF expansion chamber and silencer for more power. The jet is modified to match the modified flow characteristics.
- With the extra power output, KTM installs a smaller rear sprocket, increasing the gearing for higher top speed.
- The automatic clutch has a different engagement rate to match the change in speed and power.
- Ignition and clutch covers are CNC machined aluminum.
- The KTM Factory Editions always get more orange. In the case of the 2023 model, that means an orange grip seat and orange inserts in the chain guide. ODI grips are a contrasting grey.
- Tires are upgraded to dunlop Geomax MX53 rubber.
- The 2023 KTM 50 SX Factory Edition will set you back $5599. That’s a $900 increase over the standard model.
SPECIFICATIONSENGINE Type: Single cylinder two-stroke
- Displacement: 49cc
- Bore x stroke: 39.5 x 40mm
- Start: Kick
- Lubrication: Premix 60:1
- Fuel supply: Dell’Orto PHBG BS 19 mm carburettor
- Exhaust: FMF Fatty pipe with FMF PowerCore 2 muffler
- Gearbox: 1 speed
- Clutch: Fully automatic adjustable centrifugal
- Final drive: 1/2 x 3/16″ chain
- Frame: Chromoly steel with double central cradle
- Subframe: Steel
- Handlebar: tapered aluminum with ODI lock-on grips
- Front suspension; Travel: 35mm WP Xact inverted fork with air adjustment; 8.1 inches
- Rear suspension; Travel: WP Xact fully adjustable non-link damper with PDS damping; 7.3 inches
- Front wheel: 12 x 1.50
- Rear wheel: 10 x 1.60
- Tyres: Dunlop Geomax MX53
- Front tire: 60/100 x 12
- Rear tire: 2.75×10
- Front brake: 160mm disc
- Rear brake: 160mm disc
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 40.6 inches
- Rake: 24.0 degrees
- Triple clamp offset: 22 mm
- Seat height: 26.9 inches
- Ground clearance: 9.9 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 quarts
- Wet Weight: 95 lbs.
Price: $5599 MSRP
2023 KTM 50 SX Factory Edition Photo Gallery