Almost every classic car enthusiast has owned at least one vehicle with a movable hot tub filled with rusty water under the spare tire in the trunk. Worn trunk gaskets were the bane of muscle cars of the 1960s. Whether it was through the design of automakers as a disposable car under planned obsolescence or simply because of a lack of manufacturing technology and materials at the time, gaskets trunk and door quickly deteriorated. Steele Rubber Products has the answer.
Steele Rubber Products picks up where original equipment manufacturers left off. The company’s Peel-N-Stick weatherstripping has become very popular with DIY enthusiasts. When you combine the ease of installation with the weatherstripping manufactured by Steele Rubber Products, you get a line of products that are a must have for home car restoration builders.
“Weatherstripping is an important part of waterproofing and protecting any vehicle, new or old. With the addition of 3M Peel-N-Stick Bracket, we’ve made the installation easy for our customers doing these projects at home, ”said Danny Agosta, Senior Director of Marketing and Sales at Steele Rubber Products. “These aren’t just universal joints; they are made like the originals found on the vehicle. However, installation is now possible without messy adhesive. We have the possibility for our customers to choose between the traditional to be glued or the Peel-N-Stick. “
Currently, here is the company’s line of Peel-N-Stick trunk weatherstripping:
- 20-2858-WT For Ford Mustang / Mercury Cougar 1965-1970
- 70-2835-WT Fits 1960-1963 Ford Fairlane / Mercury Monterey / Lincoln Continental
- 70-0773-WT 1957-1976 Full-size GM cars
- 70-0774-WT 1961-1967 GM midsize cars
- 20-1389-WT 1952-1960 Ford Intermediate Cars
- 70-1690-WT 1941-1950 Packard Cars
- 70-1691-WT 1936-1956 MOPAR Cars
Features and Benefits:
- Designed from factory originals.
- Easy-to-install 3M Peel-N-Stick backing provides superior grip for reliable performance.
- Made from a premium quality EPDM sponge rubber extrusion that’s built to last. Won’t fade, shrink or crack.
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Made in the USA at Steele Rubber’s factory in Denver, North Carolina.
For more information, visit them online at www.steelerubber.com or contact them directly at 1-800-230-8101.